General Terms and Conditions 2018
Registration, Payment and Booking Procedure
Customers book courses by submitting a completed online registration form on our website or via email. The contract with FU International Academy, referred to hereafter as FUIA, is only considered concluded once customers have received written confirmation of such contract from FUIA; if no such confirmation is received, the customer has no entitlement to the booked service.
Bookings by minors must be signed by the tutor. In this case, the contract does not go into effect until the customer has received written confirmation from FUIA and FUIA has received the declaration signed by the tutor.
The schedule of payment for group bookings:
80% of the total amount to be paid six weeks before the beneficiaries arrive and the remaining 20% to be paid two weeks after the project takes place.
The schedule of payment for individual bookings:
Please note you have to pay a deposit of 150€ within 48 hours after your booking is confirmed and the final payment 3 weeks before the programme starting date. In case of a last minute booking (less than 3 weeks) please pay the total amount.
How can I pay?
Please pay by one of the following methods:
1. Make a bank transfer using the information given below. All transfers must clearly indicate the applicant’s full name and invoice number so that he or she can be easily identified for future reference.
Account holder: Formación FU S.L. Bank Address: Carretera Botánico s/n. La Paz. Puerto de la Cruz. Bank name: La Caixa. Account number IBAN: ES16 2100 6971 5022 0005 7914. BIC / SWIFT: CAIXESBBXXX
2. Pay by PAYPAL/Credit Card using the application on the school website.
FUIA will not pay any bank charges – if they are outstanding at the start of the course you will be asked to pay for them. When we receive the payment or the payment confirmation we will confirm the reservation and send all the necessary information before the student’s arrival.
All cancellations must be made in written form. The cancellation date will be the date on which FU International Academy receives the written cancellation. We strongly recommend that you arrange insurance cover to protect yourself against the possibility of cancellation due to illness or accident.
|Cancellation fees (course and accommodation)|
|Up to 6 weeks before the start of the course||Deposit (minimum €150)|
|Between 6 and 2 weeks before the start of the course||50% of full payment|
|14 days or less||100% of full payment|
Tuition or accommodation fees are not refundable if a participant arrives late or wishes to leave a course that has already started or leaves accommodation that has already been occupied. FUIA will not refund any fees due to absence or illness.
Absence from classes: In group lessons, and courses for two students, missed classes will not be made up under any circumstances. One-to-one language training can only be cancelled free of charge if FUIA receives notification at least 24 hours before the start of the course. Please note: For Monday courses, notification must be received by 12:00 noon on the preceding Friday. If notification is received in time as described above, the missed training units can be rescheduled for either before or after the originally scheduled session.
Booking changes: The student must pay a €50 administration fee for each request for changing the course, the accommodation or school location within 2 months before starting the course. Please take into account that short-termed changes of your booking are only possible when it won’t affect other students.
The following terms apply for a letter of invitation issued by FU International Academy for the Spanish embassy: Should the visa not be issued, FU International Academy guarantees the refund transfer of payment, less costs incurred, such as postage costs (e.g. DHL), bank charges and an administration fee of € 150. The rejection must be documented in an official confirmation presented with the original letter of invitation. Cancellation of the language course after receipt of the visa is only possible when supported by documentation from the Spanish embassy proving that the participant has renounced entry into Spain. If the participant has already entered Spain, cancellation of the course is no longer possible.
The school’s insurance provides cover for accident/injury on the school premises only. Students are not insured by the FUIA against illness, theft, damage or loss of personal effects and FUIA accepts no responsibility in the event of such an occurrence. You must have your own personal insurance for the duration of your stay.
Health Insurance – As an EU citizen you may be entitled to free medical treatment in Spain (please check before leaving your country). However, students are strongly recommended to take out full travel, health, money and baggage insurance in advance. EU nationals should also bring their EU Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Form E 111.
Public Holidays 2018
In 2018 the Academy is closed on public holidays:
Puerto de la Cruz: 01.01., 06.01., 02.02., 29.03. y 30.03., 01.05., 03.05., 30.05., 10.07., 15.08., 12.10., 01.11., 06.12., 08.12. and 25.12.
Costa Adeje: 01.01., 06.01., 02.02., 13.02., 29.03. y 30.03., 01.05., 30.05., 15.08., 03.10., 12.10., 01.11., 06.12., 08.12. and 25.12.
As a rule, classes on these days will not be recovered, except when two public holidays fall within the same week. Then, tuition of one day will be scheduled during the same week. One-to-one language training will, however, be rescheduled in full.
We are open all year, including at Easter, Christmas and New Year except on the public holidays as specified above.
Students from EU countries do not need a visa to enter Spain. Students from non-EU countries may need a visa and should check with their nearest Spanish Embassy before booking. We will refund all prepaid money minus €150 for administration costs, on all visa refusals. You must send us official written proof of the visa refusal from the Embassy, otherwise, no refund will be made.
- The course price includes the weekly leisure activities, internet access, a Spanish course attendance certificate and a grammar workbook. Additional material or books used in the course are not included in the registration fee and can be hired or bought. Travel, examination fees and the cost of weekend activities are not included in the price. One Trial Surf lesson costs 10€ per person.
- The content of one to one or one to two lessons will be based on topics covered in the standard Cervantes Institute curriculum. If classes are requested for specific topics e.g. economic, social, medical or cultural issues, extra costs may apply but the student will be informed in advance.
- Misconduct: Participants are expected to display impeccable and disciplined conduct toward landlords, roommates, fellow-participants, and all FUIA staff members. FUIA reserves the right to refuse admission or terminate the contract without notice and without a refund of fees, in the event of misconduct, unsatisfactory attendance or unsatisfactory work. In the event of unruly behaviour, as well as violations of Spanish law (e.g., theft, drug abuse, damage to property or personal injury, illegal downloads), FUIA reserves the right to immediately exclude participants from the course or program. The participant or their parent/guardian must then cover the costs for early departure.
- If you have come to us through an agent, their terms and conditions may apply to you; FU IA reserves the right to apply its own terms.
- Our groups are made up of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 students. If only one or two students have enrolled in a group course, the course will normally still take place. However, we will reduce the teaching time to 75% (two students) or 50% (one student).
- Courses may start in the morning or in the afternoon. FUIA reserves the right to schedule the lessons at the most suitable time. This also applies to individual lessons. The times of the classes can change from week to week.
- Due to certain group combinations, it may happen, that an intensive course can start later than 09:00h. Generally, the timetable is always subject to modifications.
- If the school is closed due to meteorological warnings, the classes will neither be held or be made up at a later date.
- Accommodation: Students in FU International Academy organised accommodation must leave a copy of their ID or Passport and pay €50 deposit on arrival. This deposit will be retained for the duration of the stay. When the student checks out and if the apartment is seen to be clean and tidy, and there is no damage to the fixtures and fittings, and provided that the house rules have been followed, the deposit will be returned. Weekly accommodation terms/conditions: check-in on Sundays, check-out on Saturdays. There will be no discounts if the stay is less than a week – the full week must be paid for. If the student moved into their accommodation and is not entirely happy with it, the student can request a change once depending on availability.
- Extracurricular activities: Free time activities arranged by FU International Academy is an additional service provided, with the school as an intermediary party. Although we always care for the service provided and communicate frequently with the operating partners we do not take responsibility for their actions. Accordingly, we also inform you that, when accidents occur during the free time activities, the damages should be assumed by your insurances or the insurances of the operating partners.
- Trial Surfing Lesson: One trial surf lesson costs 10€ per person. The lesson can only be organised for a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 people. If more than 6 people sign up for the trial lesson, we hold the right to either withdraw the participants or to organise a second surf day.
- Spanish course + surf course: Once the surf course has been started, FUIA will not refund any fees due to absence, illness or fear of waves. Surfing requires a certain level of fitness and is not a sport for everyone, therefore we strongly recommend to do a trial surf lesson before booking a whole surf course.
- Photos: During daily school life and extracurricular activities we will often take pictures or record videos of our students and the school atmosphere. If you do not consent to pictures of you being published on our website, Facebook or other media related to the school, please advise us in advance so that we can take it into account.