Language preparation for work placement
FU International Academy offers intensive language courses to specifically prepare students for internship placements in various fields (i.e. sports, hospitality, hair and beauty, etc). Over the course of 20-30 lessons per week, we use interactive and practical activities as well as interactive technology to develop the necessary skills for communicating in different work situations. We use a variety of supportive teaching materials to enhance this comprehension, including documents, catalogs, Internet, video recordings, selected literature and audiovisual material. These resources adequately equip interns with all relevant language skills needed to effectively accomplish tasks and duties in real work-life settings.
Multilingualism is one of the most welcomed skills at any company, as it allows you to have more learning opportunities and advances your networking abilities while giving you a better chance to land a promotion or new job. The objectives of this course are as follows:
- Improve your communication skills: Meetings, presentations, negotiations, etc.
- Get to know the rules of written communication: Letters, emails, reports
- Learn interesting facts about Marketing and Advertising in Spain
- Become familiar with Spanish culture
This course is designed for people interested in working in the tourism or hospitality industry. This course is open to anyone – no previous Spanish knowledge required! – and you will be offered internship opportunities in hotels and travel agencies throughout the Canary Islands upon completion. These lessons will focus more specifically on the following factors:
- Welcoming and interacting with guests
- Describing, comparing and promoting facilities, attractions and events
- Dealing with workplace invoices, client’s receipts, faxes, emails, etc.
- Describing meals and ingredients
- Serving at a restaurant or bar
- Offering advice to clients
- Telephone interaction and inquiries